PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
This policy statement explains how your personal data is handled by PSA. It applies to your personal data that is in the possession or under the control of PSA.
Throughout this policy statement, “PSA” refers to PSA International Pte Ltd, PSA Corporation Limited, PSA Marine (Pte) Ltd and all its Singapore affiliated companies and subsidiaries (also referred to as “we”, “our” or “us”).
What type of personal data is collected?
We may collect information about you (“personal data”), and such information that may lead to you being identified from the personal data. This information may be collected directly from you, or from other third parties.
When you voluntarily provide your personal data to us for purposes which we have informed you about, you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal data for such purposes.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
1. to respond to your requests and queries;
2. to provide you with services;
3. to allow you access to port facilities and other PSA premises;
4. to manage the administrative and business operations of PSA;
5. to conduct trainings and courses;
6. to improve our website and services we provide you;
7. to protect the security and integrity of our website and our business; and/or
8. for any other purposes for which we have obtained your consent, or for which you may be deemed to have provided consent.
Who do we disclose your personal data to?
We may disclose your personal data to the relevant parties including business partners, third party service providers, governmental authorities and other relevant third parties, in accordance with the purposes for which we use your personal data.
Our website currently does not utilise “cookies”, to collect personal data about you. However, without prior notice, we may in the future introduce the use of such “cookies” to enable various website functions and features including but not limited to remembering your browsing preference, authenticating your identity, improving the efficiency of our website, and collating website usage statistics.
In the event that such “cookies” are introduced, you may adjust your internet browser settings to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. Please note that if you reject cookies, this may affect your website user experience, which may include a loss of functionality and a restriction on the ways in which you may use our website.
We take reasonable care and have implemented technical, procedural and other measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
If you have any questions in relation to how your personal data is handled by us, please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
We may update this policy statement from time to time without prior notice by posting a new version on this website. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are familiar with any changes.
This policy statement was last updated on 17 December 2021.
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
1. This Notice applies to all potential candidates for employment who apply for a position with PSA International Pte. Ltd., PSA Corporation Limited, PSA Marine (Pte) Ltd, and/or any of their related companies (collectively referred to as “PSA” in this Notice).
2. Personal data means data, whether true or not, about a job applicant who can be identified (a) from that data, or (b) from that data and other information to which PSA have or are likely to have access. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
3. PSA may collect the following personal data and any other personal data which is reasonably necessary for evaluating your application for employment with PSA and/or for processing your application for employment and conducting pre-employment processes if you are offered a position with PSA:
(a) Name, alias, gender, citizenship or residency status, nationality, country, and ethnicity;
(b) NRIC/FIN (for applicants holding Singapore national identification documents) or other national identification or social security or passport number, date of birth, city of birth, and religion (which may be required for purposes of offering you a position with PSA);
(c) Mailing address, home or mobile numbers, email address and other contact details;
(d) Resume, educational qualifications, professional qualifications, certifications and employment references or testimonials;
(e) Employment and training history;
(f) Medical records (including pre-employment health screening results), work-related health issues and disabilities;
(g) Photographs and other audio-visual information.
4. PSA generally collects personal data:
(a) which is knowingly and voluntarily provided in the course of your job application, or which is disclosed by a third party who is authorised to disclose your personal data to us, and provided that you have been notified of the purposes for which the personal data is collected. “Third parties” in this paragraph 4 may include any job placement agents, recruiters or employment agencies.
(b) with your consent, after you have been notified of the purposes for which the personal data is collected, and given written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for these purposes.
(c) without your consent, where collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws.
PSA will seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data or before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. PSA will collect and use your personal data, and may disclose your personal data to third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
(a) Processing, contacting you on, and managing your application for employment with PSA;
(b) Assessing and evaluating your suitability for employment in any current or prospective position within PSA (which may include sharing your curriculum vitae or resume and other personal data with other entities within PSA for consideration for other positions);
(c) Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal details and other information provided;
(d) Pre-employment health screenings to verify your fitness for the position you have applied for;
(e) Conducting background, academic and reference checks (where relevant to the position you have applied for);
(f) For purposes of monitoring and ensuring PSA’s compliance with legal obligations, and to provide to relevant regulatory authorities and for any other purpose which is required or permitted under applicable laws, regulations or guidelines.
6. PSA will disclose your personal data to (i) its employees, and (ii) to third parties, solely on a need-to-know basis and for the purpose(s) set out above in paragraph 5. PSA adopts encryption and security procedures in respect of its IT systems used to communicate such personal data in a safe and secure manner to protect against unauthorized disclosure. For the purposes of this paragraph 6, “third parties” may include but is not limited to educational institutions, credit bureaus, former employers, PSA’s third party service providers, healthcare providers and insurers. Where reasonably necessary for the purposes specified above, your personal data may be transferred overseas. Transfer of your personal data overseas will be made in accordance with the PDPA.
7. However, PSA cannot guarantee that such security procedures are error-free or foolproof, or that its systems will not be subject to third party interference.
8. PSA will retain your personal data only to the extent it is necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. PSA reserves the discretion to retain your resume and such personal data as may be appropriate to consider you for future/prospective employment [for up to 5 calendar years from the date of receipt of your resume and personal data] even if you are not made an offer or do not accept a position with PSA. PSA will not retain your personal data, or will remove the means of identifying you from such data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data was collected, and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes. If you do not wish to be automatically considered for future/prospective employment with PSA, please inform the person-in-charge of your application at PSA, or submit your request via email to the Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
9. If you wish to withdraw consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please submit your request via email to the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. Please note that upon withdrawing consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, PSA may also deem that you have withdrawn your application for employment and you will no longer be considered for such position. PSA may also withdraw any offers of employment which have not been accepted. (Where you have accepted an offer of employment with PSA, please note that the terms of your employment contract will govern the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data.)
10. If you wish to make an access request for a copy of the personal data which we hold, or a correction request to update or correct any of the personal data we hold, please submit your request via email to the Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
11. We will respond to your access request within a reasonable time. If we are unable to respond to your access request within 30 days after receipt, we will inform you in writing of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request, within 30 days after receipt of your access request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA). Please note that PSA may choose not to disclose any information which is evaluative in nature, for example, any internal assessment of your suitability for employment.
12. By submitting an application for employment advertised on PSA’s website at http://www.globalpsa.com, through any employment portal operated by or on behalf of any PSA entity, third-party website, mobile application, job placement agent, employment agency or recruiter, or directly to any PSA personnel or any PSA email address, you acknowledge having read and understood this Notice, and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data submitted to PSA in accordance with this Notice.
This policy statement was last updated on 17 December 2021.