This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains how your Personal Data is collected, used, disclosed, processed or otherwise handled by PSA International Pte Ltd and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries when you access and use this website [PSA Singapore (singaporepsa.com)] (“Website”).
Throughout this Privacy Notice, “PSA” refers to PSA International Pte. Ltd., PSA Corporation Limited, PSA Marine (Pte) Ltd, and all its Singapore affiliated companies and subsidiaries (also referred to as “we”, “our” or “us”).
We may collect, process, disclose, use and retain your Personal Data in accordance with privacy laws and regulations applicable, and as described in this Privacy Notice. By accessing and using our Website, and providing your Personal Data to us through the Website, you acknowledge and agree that you have read, understand and agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice and the collection, use, disclosure and/or Processing of your Personal Data by PSA as described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to be bound by this Privacy Notice, you should not access or use our Website or provide any Personal Data to us through the Website.
In this Privacy Notice, the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
“PDPA” means the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore, including all amendments thereto and subsidiary legislation enacted thereunder, whether now or in the future.
“Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which a party has or is likely to have access.
“Process”, in relation to Personal Data, means the carrying out of any operation or set of operations in relation to the Personal Data, including without limitation to recording, holding, organizing, adapting, altering, modifying, retrieving, combining, transmitting, erasing or destroying, and “Processing” shall be construed accordingly.
What type of Personal Data is collected?
Your Personal Data may be collected through:
- Interaction with PSA personnel, for example by telephone calls, emails, meetings (including virtual meetings) and social media platforms;
- Submission of forms, enquiries or emails, or similar situations where you have chosen to provide the information to us;
- Automated means, which include:
- Logging or tracking of information about your computer, including your device specification, IP address, operating system, browser type, date and time of visit, pages visited, referral URL and geographical location;
- Cookies (for further details, please refer to the “Cookies” section below);
- Web analytics tools for collecting and assessing visitor behaviour on our Website and/or PSA’s social media accounts;
- Content delivery networks.
Personal Data collected may also include your name, address, contact information and email. We may collect Personal Data directly from you when you use our Website or provide your Personal Data to us through our Website, or from other third parties whom you have authorised.
When you voluntarily provide your Personal Data to us for purposes which we have informed you about (including in this Privacy Notice), you consent to our collection, use, disclosure and retention of your Personal Data for such purposes.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- To respond to your enquiries or requests;
- To provide you with services;
- To improve our Website and services we provide to you;
- To protect the security and integrity of our Website and our business; and/or
- To market our services to you and to provide you with marketing, advertising and promotional information by way of mail, electronic transmission to your email address(es),
- To invite you to participate in surveys or events (which may be conducted online or in-person) relating to the maritime or logistics industry or our business or services we provide;
- To communicate with you on and to obtain feedback on our services and/or to conduct research, surveys, analysis and development activities, so as to improve or develop our services and/or facilities;
- Record-keeping purposes and producing statistics and research for internal and/or statutory reporting and/or reporting or governance requirements of PSA;
- To comply with or as required by any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements applicable to PSA (whether in Singapore or other countries);
- For any other purposes for which we have obtained your consent, or for which you may be deemed to have provided consent ; and/or
- to achieve any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
Who do we disclose your Personal Data to?
We may disclose your Personal Data to related corporations and affiliates within the PSA group, our business partners, third party service providers (including professional advisers), governmental authorities and other relevant third parties, in accordance with the purposes for which we use your Personal Data. We collect and store your first name, last name, contact number, email, designation, and company through Salesforce, our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software as may be updated from time to time, which is maintained by our third-party service provider.
We may also share your Personal Data with any buyer or successor in the event of a merger, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of title.
We may also use, disclose or Process your Personal Data where permitted under applicable exceptions under the PDPA.
Where we store your Personal Data
The Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the country where you are located. It may also be Processed by staff operating outside the country where you are located or by one of our service providers. By submitting your Personal Data or using this Website, you agree to this transfer, storing and Processing.
Where Personal Data is transferred by us to any third parties outside of Singapore, we will ensure that such transfers are compliant with the requirements under the PDPA, such as by making sure that overseas recipients are bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide a standard of protection to the Personal Data so transferred that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
We will retain your Personal Data only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes it has been collected. We will cease to retain such Personal Data, or remove the means by which the Personal Data can be associated with you, when it is no longer necessary for the purposes it has been collected or permitted to be used or Processed.
Cookies and tracking technology
This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.
The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.
Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.
Set by Google to distinguish users.
YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data.
YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages.
A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface.
YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.
YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.
Third party websites and social media
Our Website may contain plug-ins or share buttons to social media sites, links to PSA’s social media sites and/or to third party websites not operated or controlled by PSA. If you are connected to a social media site while browsing our Website, your activity on our Website will also be made available to such social media sites. Please read the privacy policies of such social media sites for further information about the collection and transfer of personal data, and privacy settings.
We take reasonable security measures to protect and secure your Personal Data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, loss, disposal or similar risk. However, you acknowledge and accept that the transmission of information over the internet may not be completely secure, private or confidential, and any information sent or received by our Website may be intercepted, decrypted, consulted and/or used by third parties in spite of any encryption. PSA does not assume any responsibility for unauthorized use of your Personal Data by third parties in spite of PSA’s security measures and where such unauthorized use is due to factors beyond our control. PSA further reserves the right to rely on Article 82,3 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
Where you provide your Personal Data to us, you should ensure that such Personal Data is accurate. You should also review your Personal Data from time to time and let us know if there are changes to your Personal Data or update your Personal Data through functions or tools made available for this purpose, or alternatively, by making a correction request to the Data Protection Officer.
Rights in relation to Personal Data
Your rights in relation to Personal Data collected by PSA may vary depending on where you are located. If you are located in Singapore, you have the right under the PDPA to withdraw consent, request access to, and/or correction of your personal data which PSA holds. Please note that: (1) where PSA is permitted or required to collect, use, disclose or Process Personal Data under applicable laws, withdrawing your consent does not affect our right to continue to do so, and (2) upon withdrawing your consent, PSA may be unable to continue providing certain services to you. You have the same rights under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, if you are located in Europe.
All requests or enquiries should be directed to the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. We will respond to your requests within a reasonable time. If we are unable to respond to your request within 30 days after receipt, we will inform you in writing of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request, within 30 days after receipt of your request. If we are unable to provide you with any Personal Data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA). Please note that PSA may choose not to disclose any information which is evaluative in nature.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice by posting a new version on our Website. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are familiar with any changes. Your access to or use of our Website after this Privacy Notice is updated shall constitute your acceptance of the updated Privacy Notice.
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
1. This Notice applies to all potential candidates for employment who apply for a position with PSA International Pte. Ltd., PSA Corporation Limited, PSA Marine (Pte) Ltd, and/or any of their related companies (collectively referred to as “PSA” in this Notice).
2. Personal data means data, whether true or not, about a job applicant who can be identified (a) from that data, or (b) from that data and other information to which PSA have or are likely to have access. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
3. PSA may collect the following personal data and any other personal data which is reasonably necessary for evaluating your application for employment with PSA and/or for processing your application for employment and conducting pre-employment processes if you are offered a position with PSA:
(a) Name, alias, gender, citizenship or residency status, nationality, country, and ethnicity;
(b) NRIC/FIN (for applicants holding Singapore national identification documents) or other national identification or social security or passport number, date of birth, city of birth, and religion (which may be required for purposes of offering you a position with PSA);
(c) Mailing address, home or mobile numbers, email address and other contact details;
(d) Resume, educational qualifications, professional qualifications, certifications and employment references or testimonials;
(e) Employment and training history;
(f) Medical records (including pre-employment health screening results), work-related health issues and disabilities;
(g) Photographs and other audio-visual information.
4. PSA generally collects personal data:
(a) which is knowingly and voluntarily provided in the course of your job application, or which is disclosed by a third party who is authorised to disclose your personal data to us, and provided that you have been notified of the purposes for which the personal data is collected. “Third parties” in this paragraph 4 may include any job placement agents, recruiters or employment agencies.
(b) with your consent, after you have been notified of the purposes for which the personal data is collected, and given written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for these purposes.
(c) without your consent, where collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws.
PSA will seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data or before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. PSA will collect and use your personal data, and may disclose your personal data to third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
(a) Processing, contacting you on, and managing your application for employment with PSA;
(b) Assessing and evaluating your suitability for employment in any current or prospective position within PSA (which may include sharing your curriculum vitae or resume and other personal data with other entities within PSA for consideration for other positions);
(c) Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal details and other information provided;
(d) Pre-employment health screenings to verify your fitness for the position you have applied for;
(e) Conducting background, academic and reference checks (where relevant to the position you have applied for);
(f) For purposes of monitoring and ensuring PSA’s compliance with legal obligations, and to provide to relevant regulatory authorities and for any other purpose which is required or permitted under applicable laws, regulations or guidelines.
6. PSA will disclose your personal data to (i) its employees, and (ii) to third parties, solely on a need-to-know basis and for the purpose(s) set out above in paragraph 5. PSA adopts encryption and security procedures in respect of its IT systems used to communicate such personal data in a safe and secure manner to protect against unauthorized disclosure. For the purposes of this paragraph 6, “third parties” may include but is not limited to educational institutions, credit bureaus, former employers, PSA’s third party service providers, healthcare providers and insurers. Where reasonably necessary for the purposes specified above, your personal data may be transferred overseas. Transfer of your personal data overseas will be made in accordance with the PDPA.
7. However, PSA cannot guarantee that such security procedures are error-free or foolproof, or that its systems will not be subject to third party interference.
8. PSA will retain your personal data only to the extent it is necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. PSA reserves the discretion to retain your resume and such personal data as may be appropriate to consider you for future/prospective employment [for up to 5 calendar years from the date of receipt of your resume and personal data] even if you are not made an offer or do not accept a position with PSA. PSA will not retain your personal data, or will remove the means of identifying you from such data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data was collected, and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes. If you do not wish to be automatically considered for future/prospective employment with PSA, please inform the person-in-charge of your application at PSA, or submit your request via email to the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
9. If you wish to withdraw consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please submit your request via email to the Data Protection Officer at [email protected] Please note that upon withdrawing consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, PSA may also deem that you have withdrawn your application for employment and you will no longer be considered for such position. PSA may also withdraw any offers of employment which have not been accepted. (Where you have accepted an offer of employment with PSA, please note that the terms of your employment contract will govern the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data.)
10. If you wish to make an access request for a copy of the personal data which we hold, or a correction request to update or correct any of the personal data we hold, please submit your request via email to the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
11. We will respond to your access request within a reasonable time. If we are unable to respond to your access request within 30 days after receipt, we will inform you in writing of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request, within 30 days after receipt of your access request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA). Please note that PSA may choose not to disclose any information which is evaluative in nature, for example, any internal assessment of your suitability for employment.
12. By submitting an application for employment advertised on PSA’s website at http://www.globalpsa.com, through any employment portal operated by or on behalf of any PSA entity, third-party website, mobile application, job placement agent, employment agency or recruiter, or directly to any PSA personnel or any PSA email address, you acknowledge having read and understood this Notice, and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data submitted to PSA in accordance with this Notice.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 31 January 2023.